Re: Re: B&S PT6 vs. PT6P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on April 10, 1999 at 11:40:37:

In Reply to: Re: B&S PT6 vs. PT6P posted by Sean Chisham on April 09, 1999 at 12:09:43:

I own the rotary version of this horn and agree with your observations. It has been my experience that there are a couple funny notes in terms of response and sound on my horn. However, I have also found that as long as I spend a solid amount of time with the horn every day this problem magically disappears. My current theory is that the response/sound issues are totally related to air and this horn is merely asking me to do what I ought to do anyhow. I love the sound of this horn and I found that I really prefered the feel of the rotors over the pistons. Besides that.. the horn is really very consistent throughout all registers, huge low register, colorful high register. The minor problems I've mentioned really are just me splitting hairs.
I've heard people say that the piston version has a couple intonation problems. I don't know this to be true but I do know that the intonation tendencies of my horn are very good and easily dealt with. As Sean said, either horn will serve you very well. Especially if you have a smaller horn to cover the lighter literature.
cheers!
joseph

Follow Ups: