Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No decent New F tubas on the market (me out-of-step? too picky?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by misunderstand? on April 16, 1999 at 11:17:02:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No decent New F tubas on the market (me out-of-step? too picky?) posted by Joe Selllmansberger on April 15, 1999 at 21:40:00:

Joe, you have made some good points but have one blatant contradiction. In an earlier post you mention needing money for your family, specifically tuition, and that you drive older cars. I myself also try to put my family first and greatly respect your sacrifices. However, you just stated that an extra $2000 is a bargain for only a 1% difference. I would have a hard time justifying to my family why $2000 of much needed money was instead spent for a near negligible difference on an instrument, even if it was my sole bread and butter. Many of us do not have $17000 to buy the tuba we really need and depend on 'price point' tubas to fit our $4,000, $5,000 or $8,000 price range. How many of us (excluding the Decks, Pokornys, Bobos, and Selfs) really need that several thousand dollar 'edge'? We are serious musicians, but we also have real world financial limitations. In another example, I would rather have a new Volvo to protect my family on the road, but I can only afford a used Taurus. Does that make me less of a spouse/parent?

Follow Ups: