Re: Arnold Jacobs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on April 20, 1999 at 00:13:51:

In Reply to: Arnold Jacobs posted by Johnson W on April 19, 1999 at 22:32:45:

I enjoy Rush Limbaugh's humor and insight when I am in the back of my business working on horns.

Lately, Rush has been commenting on truly "great" people. Rush points out that truly great people did not set out with the goal of being great. Rather, they were people who REALLY loved what they did, and gave it everything they had. THESE things are what brought them their greatness.

I only spoke to Mr. Jacobs once - by telephone. He was extremely cordial and helpful. He did not speak with a voice that reflected any pompousness, nor did he speak with a paricularly authoritative tone of voice. Just plain NICE!!! I am quite sure that he knew that he was great, and that he knew that others considered him to be great, but I also know that is not what motivated him. His greatness in his field was motivated by his love of his profession and love of those who asked for his assistance.

As to Lincoln, I have other, perhaps controversial, thoughts regarding some of his possible motives. Tubenet is not the forum.

Follow Ups: