Re: Re: I NEED A COOL, FUN SOLO!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Forbes on April 01, 2001 at 17:57:08:

In Reply to: Re: I NEED A COOL, FUN SOLO!! posted by Mark on April 01, 2001 at 05:30:56:

Me Too!! I'm doing it with the Univ. of Maryland Concert Band on April 28th if anyone's interested. I was literally given the solo by the conductor and said, "Here, play this with us." --thinking that I knew the piece. I don't and didn't, though working it up is fun and it really lies well on almost any tuba! (though F and Eb tubq allows for some octavizing which I would recommend for interest sake). On this same concert I'm also doing the ever popular "Introduction & Dance" by Barat (in the Euph. octave)...though there's one for tuba also...though this piece is sort of a "typical tuba piece" this may also be what you're looking for in terms of audience enjoyment! It's about 3 minutes long and like a Spanish Bull-fight! I've got an arr. for band done by the staff arrangers of the U.S. Army Band ("Pershing's Own") but I understand there's another one out there for sale. It's a great piece that's about an inch deep!

Mike

Follow Ups: