Re: Silent Brass New Version

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by No Way on April 02, 2001 at 18:16:10:

In Reply to: Silent Brass New Version posted by Matt A. on April 02, 2001 at 17:42:48:

One thing about Yamaha: once they introduce a product to the market, development stops regardless of the problems.

There is not such thing as a new version of the Silent Brass. They did develop a new "Personal Studio" (the amplifier thingy) that provided a boost in volume. The new Personal Studio was provided free of charge to all customers who bought a system with the first generation electronics. They have, and to my knowledge do not intend to further improve the tuba silent brass in spite of all of it's problems. I have complained on numerous occasions to the head of product development at Yamaha about the problems in the tuba system. The most serious problem, as I pointed out to this gentleman, is the inconsistant response in the upper register. He denies that there are any problems and mine are the first such complaints that he has received, even though virtually everyone who uses the system experiences the same problem.

Am I alone in experiencing these problems? Some other silent brass user please tell me I'm not crazy.

Follow Ups: