Re: Dallas-FW - places to play

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on April 12, 2001 at 00:49:08:

In Reply to: Dallas-FW - places to play posted by Moises Carrasco on April 11, 2001 at 13:58:16:

The Metropolitan Winds has a pretty good wind ensemble of around 80 to 85 people and we meet in Carrollton and play in the Meyerson.
Tonight we just had a great time playing with Arturo Sandoval and it was great and he did 4 pieces and played a piece on piano and also did an encore on piano.

We are playing our next concert on July 7th and doing a concert called Blazing Zombies doing one half Westerns and the other Horror movies themes. We are bringing in again John Bloom aka Joe Bob Briggs to do the show. NOt bad, hard great music and a bunch of great players in the group.Come on down Moises and have some fun.

The Dallas Wind Symphony and Texas Wind Symphony already have established players and sub for each other and it is almost impossible to get a spot in there much less a permanent position.

Alex Cauthen and Ed Jones are in the Dallas WS and Richard Murrow and Ev Gilmore are in the Texas WS.

Lots of small orchestras and wind ensembles around the DFW area. Cool town with alot of good tuba players.

I play in the Metro Winds and in Richards Tuba/Euphonium Ensemble at TCU.
I can't complain and I actually have to practice every once in a while now.

Charlie Krause
1-866-292-0847
WWW.tubastore.com

Follow Ups: