Re: Stereo equipment poll

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on April 13, 2001 at 11:18:26:

In Reply to: Stereo equipment poll posted by David M. on April 13, 2001 at 02:04:01:

My first stereo was a Wal-Mart special with Pioneer integrated amp and the big 3-way Pioneer floor speakers Wal-Mart used to sell. Later got the second cd player in the neighborhood that I knew of and listened. CD players had only been out a short time. Even though the entire system was pretty rough sounding compared to what I listen to now, it did play a vital role in my musical development. Hearing full dynamics at close to performance levels on recordings gave me a much different perception as to what a full sound is, when compared to some of the other kids in the Jr High band who were listening to the distortion of boom boxes.

Today I listen through Sennheiser HD580 headphones, a HeadRoom AirHead headphone amp, and Panasonic cd player when portable. B&W speakers with a Marantz SR8000 integrated receiver when at home. I prefer to leave the sub off when listening to anything except TV and movies. Seems to artificial.

sean
--
"Life is too short to drink cheap wine" - pillow cushion at a local overpriced furniture store

Follow Ups: