Re: Free-Blowing 5/4 - 6/4 tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd on April 17, 2001 at 07:17:02:

In Reply to: Free-Blowing 5/4 - 6/4 tuba posted by Andy Smith on April 16, 2001 at 21:41:07:

Hey Andy,

Did Dave get his 6/4 York back from being repaired?? I saw it at Hickey's being assembled. In any event....I have a question for you. Do you really need a 6/4 tuba? Your answer should be no. If I were you.....either wait for the Besson CC that you have been hooting about or check out the Willson 3050. I played a Willson at Dillons a couple years ago and I thought it was a really solid sounding and free blowing horn. I hate to break it to you though.....you won't find anything quite as awesome as Dave's yorks. If you want a York....try a York cut like McAndrew's (I LOVE that horn) or see if Dillon has any. Hey....for sh(AT)ts and giggles....try out the Buecher/Dillon 5/4 at Dillons. I hear it is awesome.

Todd "who can't seem to part with his 6/4 horn though he has threatened to sell it" Morgan

PS What ever happened to trying out a Rudy Meinl. You sounded GREAT on the one you borrowed your freshman year. Why not give the NEW piston valve Rudy a whirl?!?! :)

Follow Ups: