Re: Re: Re: Rudy Meinl and Hirsbrunner

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on April 17, 2001 at 15:20:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Rudy Meinl and Hirsbrunner posted by Thor on April 17, 2001 at 14:16:47:

The 2p can be much more easily played intune. The response and sound are more smooth and even over all dynamic and octave ranges. The 21 has some really funky intonation problems with the Eb below the staff and the notes at the top of the bass clef staff.

The 2p is also just plain easier to get the ideas across on. It also happens to be cheaper to buy on the used horn market. The 1p's I have played on have actually played even better than the 2p's, but the don't have a 5th valve, if you need one. 1p prices are very low compared to the 2p and the 21.

I have tooted a couple of notes on the Rudy Meinl piston CC and must say that it is a very very "musical" horn, if that means anything. There is something special about it which makes turning phrases and changing colors with only a thought easy. Not being much of an essayist, I find it difficult to find the best words to describe the special qualities the new Rudy piston CC has. Ya just gotta try one.

sean

Follow Ups: