Re: Re: Retail Dealers and "Trial Periods"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on April 17, 2001 at 21:25:58:

In Reply to: Re: Retail Dealers and "Trial Periods" posted by Matt Walters on April 17, 2001 at 21:04:28:

Every tuba that I've ever bought was purchased after about 20 minutes of playing.

One could argue that I've also SOLD most all of them, so perhaps my 20 minute trials are "inadequate"...

...but:

since I've owned the majority of the models sold today for at least a few months, if one makes the statement above, one also might be saying something about their OWN choice of tuba. ;^)

The trial period is very worrisome for the retailer - NOT that the instrument will be returned, but that the instrument will be returned DAMAGED, and the trier will deny responsibility and then bad-mouth the vendor all over the internet when not all of the money is refunded.

IN HOME trials are "dangerous" (dent-and-scratch-wise) enough, and public ensemble trials virtually GUARANTEE dents and scratches.

Absolutely, if someone cannot pay for the instrument (in some manner: cash, credit card, loan approval, etc.) prior to the trial, the buyer is not demonstrating the same level of soberness in the transaction as the seller...NO SALE.

"Hey, can I borrow your new china, crystal, and silverware for a couple of weeks for our campout? I 'might' buy it, if I REALLY like it."

Joe "Put yourself in the position of a vendor." S.

Follow Ups: