Re: In-laws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Farah on April 19, 2001 at 09:50:52:

In Reply to: In-laws posted by Frustrated on April 19, 2001 at 00:35:28:

Your in-laws sound like the type that think the man should support his family. Sean hated his computer job (he always tells me he hates computers when ours breaks). He would come home from his well-paying job telling me that he feels that he is wasting his life. I told I really didn't care how much money he was or wasn't making.

He got his job and has been very happy ever since. If your wife understands, she can tell her parents to stay out of her marriage. Marriage is hard enough with 2 people, I don't think it could handle 4.

I understand you are frustrated. People only see $$$. It's rather unfortunate. Would you rather be miserable and have happy inlaws? I hope not. Invite them to some of your music parties (with other musicians), invite them to meed other orchestra members, make them see how many hours a week you will be working compared with them.

I practice my butt off to sound good (and it's fun) but other than the practice, I sometimes don't even go to the Navy Yard but once or twice a week. I "work" around 15 hrs a week (not including working out, practicing, washing my whites, ect..). So actually, I make hmmmm. You do the math about how much I really make. :)

good luck

Farah

Follow Ups: