Re: In-laws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brent on April 19, 2001 at 13:04:58:

In Reply to: In-laws posted by Frustrated on April 19, 2001 at 00:35:28:

Congratulations on your appointment!

I met my wife thirty four years ago while playing tuba in a club in Ann Arbor. I also jumped out of airplanes and was considering "an alternate life style"(it was the sixties!)
Three years later we were married, I quit my teaching gig, we threw the tuba, the parachute, and the little we owned into a '66 Mustang and headed for California, with the intent of going to Australia (we never got there.) My inlaws NEVER said word one to us about our plans. Six years later, after having visited CA a few times, they picked up and moved here. My father-in-law passed away a couple of years later, and my mother-in-law stayed here until she passed away, at 84, last year. We all had the most wonderful relationship and they NEVER questioned our decision to move or ANY OTHER decision we ever made.

You married your wife, not your inlaws. Your inlaws should also respect their daughter's support of you, and if they don't, they are probably treating her with the same disrepect they displayed when she was a child.

I concur with those before me who have suggested you are probably much better off getting away from these individuals. You will never please them and they will probably always find something to carp about.

Take your wife and your tuba and go to that place where you can breath.

All the best to you, your career, and YOUR family.

Brent

Follow Ups: