Re: In-laws

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Frustrated on April 20, 2001 at 00:08:27:

In Reply to: In-laws posted by Frustrated on April 19, 2001 at 00:35:28:

Wow...thanks to you all for the wonderful advice! It has definitely given me something to think about...but most important, it's good to know that I'm not alone here. I WILL be taking the job, yes my wife is behind me 100%, I think she's looking forward to becoming more independent (she's already searching the web for jobs and things to do in the area), and I'm sure that my relationship with the in-laws will become stronger after we're apart for a while.

It seems so funny that the money issue would come up...I mean right now, I'm doing a jillion different things to make my part of the ends meet. With this job, I'll be pulling in very close to what she makes, plus I'll be home more often due to a centralized job. You'd think the in-laws would be happy about that. We'll even be able to buy a house...imagine that!

Yes, they do have incredible control over her...always have. They call it "Family", I call it unhealthy. However, she is coming around and, from what she says, is looking forward to a new challenge...as long as we do it together.

Thanks again for the advice. Best of luck to all who have to endure this in the future...and several of you will!

Sincerely,
Not-so-Frustrated

Follow Ups: