Re: Re: Re: Copy of Conn 7B?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim C on April 23, 2001 at 21:45:01:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Copy of Conn 7B? posted by Danny M on April 23, 2001 at 11:30:05:

Hello,Danny
Since you didn't leave your e-mail I guess I will just write it here..
Ya I am pretty sure the Schilke Helleberg is very similar to the Conn 7B Helleberg,because they are based on the same mouthpiece..Dave Fedderly told me they are both based on the original Helleberg that Jacobs gave to him ..(and i have a original helleberg,too,they are about the same)
The CB/Chuch Dellenbach,in my opinion the most successful copy of the original copy.
The classical characristic Helleberg sound,the depth..wow! but I think it also depends on the tuba you are using.Generally the CB/Chuck has more "Jacobian sound" ...Schilke Helleberg (not 2) is more modified and has a more rounded rim,I also like it..
The CB/Chuck has (or had) been the mouthpiece Chuck Dellenbach uses for many years (learned that from "Arnold Jacobs mouthpeice story" at Canadiab Brass website) , but I know CB has recently developed a new line of mouthpieces with Yamaha , I haven't got a chance to try it yet .
I bought them (the 2 cb/chuck) when they were on sale (there were only a few left and they are all gone now) , for $65 (i think,plus shipping of course) , there's no way you can find one for this price (i believe), thus I would like to sell them for $65..(I pay shipping), they are 99.% new,in perfect condition..
I've 3 of them,one bought many years ago and one bought a while ago while they were on sale..
One thing,the older one has a little shorter shank and the new ones have the shank like Schilke Helleberg.
hope this helps?
Tim

Follow Ups: