Re: Re: Re: Re: Military musicians in wartime

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on April 25, 2001 at 08:19:25:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Military musicians in wartime posted by Devil Dog on April 24, 2001 at 21:20:57:

Hey Mike,
I was very lucky in that I never had to go into battle although I do sport a fire watch medal along with my GC, NA, PUC, NC and Rifle and Pistol Exp. badges. Doesn't the Army get a ribbon for completing the SOM? When I was at LeJeune Gen Gray was the Division Commander and liked to have the band do alot of field gigs for the Recon troops. We wore Cammies with steel pots and carried a gas masks too. We did a mess night in the field and some knuckled head tossed a tear gas can into the Band during a concert. It was very funny but very hard to play. The ones that let the tear gas get to them were set up on the carpet by Top (Iron)Mike. His usual question after giving you the proud tradition of Can Do Marines was "Do You Want To Box With Me?" Few took him up on the offer. Most preferred his drinking lessons. I think that this discussion is one of those main reasons that some people will not choose to go for a military music job.
Semper Fi Mac!
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: