Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roger Bobo Announces Last Concert

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Fabulich on April 28, 2001 at 04:08:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roger Bobo Announces Last Concert posted by Richard on April 27, 2001 at 18:46:13:

I am sorry to disagree with you on this, but I am one of Maestro Bobo's students here in Switzerland and I have seen him gearing up for this day, the day he finally gets to leave the tuba in the case, for the last two years. He has the highest expectations of himself, and his students, that he would not perform unless he was VERY well in shape and extremely prepared. The press release was true... He's got LOTS of other things going on in his musical life right now and he just doesn't have the energy to continue everything! I believe that he WILL, in fact, put the tuba down after May 26th, and start using all of that practice time for things he has become drawn to.

One more thing I'd like to say, is that even though the press release stressed his concentration on conducting, he is (I would say) equally as devoted to teaching. He is an EXCELLENT teacher and I would suggest to any advanced players to look into studying with this legend while you have the chance!

Mark

Follow Ups: