ITEC 2002 - Day 3

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bart Collins on April 01, 2002 at 09:52:54:

Thursday—mid point of the conference. This is all I thought it would be, and more.
Reading session first, then a recital—Mark Nelson, Kevin Stees, and David Stull—says he’s doing a new work with DVD—that’s kinda different….
Then, finals for the Artist Level Competitions—glad to have these in the main building—these young players are really good. I like to see if I mesh with the judges on the outcomes (Like I can out judge Roger Bobo…..)
Late morning recital—Tom Bratten and David Brown—Army guys, and Tim Buzbee—don’t know much about him, but I’ve heard he’s good.
More college groups around campus. That’s so neat! Surrounded by such great sounds.
Orchestral session # 3 vs. Euph Class # 3 (Behrend)
Now the US Army Quintet. Always a superior show.
Choices again! Three (the trio from New York) or a lecture on Moravian Brass music (actually that kind of appeals to me—and since they’ve got a center of
Moravian culture just 20 min away, this should be very good!)
Neal Corwell’s lecture on electronic (I’m sure a premiere is in the works for that) or the Jazz Quartet put together by Mr. Meinl. Either way it’ll be good!
Then, Low Blowers rehearsal, and quickly off to Aycock (they said don’t eat tonight—something special in the works) George Mason’s ensemble to lead things off, and then SYMPHONIA. Amazing, just amazing.

Now back(?) to the Music Building—now this is gonna be fun—oh, cool, look the NC 26th Regimental Band playing on Civil War instruments as we come back over. Dinner time—North Carolina Barbecue and the Dixie Power Trio and Dos Amigos. Who’d a though about tuba party bands?

After all that, it’s a good thing there’s no afterhours jazz tonight…..

Follow Ups: