Re: Atkins Diet and tuba playing.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Duh on April 10, 2002 at 09:29:34:

In Reply to: Atkins Diet and tuba playing. posted by Dieting freak on April 09, 2002 at 22:38:17:

So you start on a diet that is going to tax your kidneys and other systems severely, one that you were on before and lost 40 pounds, but then you gained the 40 pounds back again, didn't you? I can absolutely guarantee that you will suffer later for what you are doing to your body now. You will care a lot, a whole lot, when that time comes.
Why not quit this nonsense and instead go for a high-nutrition, good-foods diet, combined with some reasonable exercise? Cut out all simple sugars, add large amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables, eat a small portion of protein each day, and see what happens in a few months? You might find yourself feeling and looking much better.
But, oh, no, "I couldn't possibly do that!" is the usual answer, because it seems so much easier to just punish your body with weird popular diets that will come back to haunt you later in life. Does it occur to you that the only reason these diets are out there is because the people who wrote the books are making money off of selling the books?
I know several people, all men, who have been on this diet at one time or another, and every single one of them has gained back the weight. Every time.

Follow Ups: