Re: Re: Re: NABBA Comments

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Karl Parks on April 17, 2002 at 08:35:48:

In Reply to: Re: Re: NABBA Comments posted by Steve Marcus on April 15, 2002 at 01:25:49:

Yes, I was there also. This was my first NABBA experience. I had a fantastic time. I play with the Brass Band of Central Florida. I was really proud on how well we did, especially for being only a few years old. Our conductor, Mike Garasi, did a great job preparing us.

This was particularly rewarding for me. I just started playing tuba again after 25 years (had not played regularly since college) in August when I bought my first tuba. Never thought I would be playing with a group as good as BBCF, but it has helped me improve quickly.

The Battle Creek band was outstanding, but I was also impressed with the Lexington Brass Band. Just wished the concerts were not so hot...I guess in Florida we are used to air conditioning everywhere. It was warm on that stage when we played Saturday, when the A/C was on. I can not imagine how hot it must have been for the Lexington band on Friday night. I do not think my tuning slide would be long enough to bring it in tune.

I tip my horn to the Cincinnati Brass Band for the great job organizing NABBA.

Karl Parks
Orlando, FL

Follow Ups: