Re: Trying out tubas in NC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaDude on April 03, 2003 at 00:30:15:

In Reply to: Trying out tubas in NC posted by N.C. Tuba on April 02, 2003 at 07:44:50:

If you are in the area do stop by the store and test play the horns that Vince has there. There have been many negative post about Vince on this board. I can only speak of my dealings with Vince. Through the years dating back to my full time days back at the House of the Mouse in Orlando, my dealings with Vince have always been very above board and fair for both of us. I remember driving up to his shop on my day off from the park in Orlando and he opened up an hour early to accomidate my schedule. He let me test every horn in the shop and I purchased a very cherry YCB-642S for what was a real bargain price. True I had to play about 5 or six real dogs before I found the one I bought, but I took the time and didn't settle until I found the perfect horn. I even bought a horn over the phone once from him. He knew my style and requirements and drop shipped an axe out to Branson for me. I still use that horn on some gigs these days. Once again the price was more than fair, and the horn was brand new an in tune with itself. I think if you do your homework and know the value of the horns before you go in there, you won't get taken for a ride. Also plan to spend a better part of a day try the horns out. So many guys just settle for horns then they speak bad of the deal.

Hope this helps out,
TubaDude

Follow Ups: