Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A *new* question for Matt Walters...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Todd Morgan on April 06, 2003 at 07:34:47:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A *new* question for Matt Walters... posted by Wondering on April 05, 2003 at 22:29:14:

I have played both horns. Like with any other tuba, there are some good 56Js and some bad 56Js. There are also some good 2145s and some bad 2145s. I used to own a 2165. I hated the valve set. My hands couldn't adjust to their large size. The 56J valve set is MUCH better for me. I would say the 56Js ARE Killer horns!!!! Some people don't like them, and they are allowed to feel that way. Be sure and play test SEVERAL of them. I tried around 6 or so 52 and 56Js when I bought mine. I'm glad I had the chance to do that. I will say this, I have heard of people getting BAD 52/56Js. So, be sure and play several horns and it wouldn't hurt to buy it from someone like Matt Walters. I bought mine from him and he did some slight modification and tweaking to my horn prior to purchase. Good luck!

-Todd Morgan

Follow Ups: