Re: Kalison Pro 2000 WB

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Thompson on April 08, 2003 at 17:58:19:

In Reply to: Kalison Pro 2000 WB posted by Stephen Allen on April 08, 2003 at 17:26:06:

If this is the one at the Tuba Exchange, I would call them and make sure that this is the right price. I talked to them about a month or so ago and they had a used Pro 2000 for $5,395. I suspect that the one on their website is the same one, and the price is listed wrong. (4,395 is cheaper than the Daryl Smith Models, which are cheaper horns, so I am pretty sure this is the wrong price).
The Kalison is a good all around tuba. I owned one for several years and had good luck with it. I think that there are better 5/4 CC's on the market, but most of them cost much nore than the Kalison. All in all, it is not on the highest professional level, but is certainly good enough for the student up through advanced players. If this is going to be your first CC, or even if not, I don't think you'll be able to find a better horn for a cheaper price. If you have any more specific questions send me an email (click on my name above the message).

Follow Ups: