Re: Irresistible Greasy Dives

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark E. Chachich on April 08, 2003 at 18:18:16:

In Reply to: Irresistible Greasy Dives posted by Gary Press on April 07, 2003 at 23:34:31:

None of the places that I am listing are dives. They are relaxed, friendly and the food is inexpensive and very tasty (real tuba player food in the proper setting, burp). South Carolina has many great places to eat.

Columbia, South Carolina: Doug's Dogs
Monday through Friday, lunch only
Great chilli cheese dogs, collection of southern cooked vegatables, hoe cakes (the real thing). This place is inexpensive, has a cement floor, one large table, mostly pick up trucks outside (including mine when I can get enough time from work), very nice people. This is one of my favorite places to eat in the known universe.

Spartanburg, South Carolina: The Beacon
The double bacon cheesburger is very serious. There is as much bacon on this burger as I have seen for breakfast at most restraunts. The other offerings are also excellent.
The gentleman that yells the orders to the kitchen can yell louder then most tuba players can play.

Leesville / Batesburg, South Carolina: Sheeley's
BBQ buffet, need I say more. This is one of the gold standards of BBQ in South Carolina (BBQ is serious here) and it deserves its place.

Swansea, South Carolina: The Little Pizza Shop
Sunday evening pizza buffet (fresh dough, excellent quality, under $5), yehaaw!

Dr. Mark E. Chachich

Follow Ups: