Re: Re: Re: Re: A very interesting dilemma...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SHS Tubamaster on April 10, 2003 at 17:27:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: A very interesting dilemma... posted by Rick Denney on April 10, 2003 at 11:59:41:

I won't say he's bad;our band is one of the best in the area. It's just that he can't tolerate some of the thinking of our generation sometimes, and so he's been known to say that the only thing that would please some people in our band is a credit card with a high spending limit, a limousine, and 48 hours at the mall.(Not me, as I'd rather have a new Fafner.:>) That, and even though he claims to be a tuba player, I've never seen him touch a tuba the whole year. He now tends towards trombone. Also, I know why we stick with the local store-because they give us sponsorship money and discounts out the wazoo, which we students aren't supposed to know. Not that I've seen any effect of these. That, and we underestimated how many people were going to be in the band next year, so now we're 4-5000 dollars in the hole on uniforms, and we can't afford them. Oh, well. Our local youth symphony needs a tuba player, due to the fact that their last tubist quit, so maybe I'll shoot for that.

SHS"whose section mate next year is a senior bass clarinetist who knows no fingerings for the tuba"Tubamaster

Follow Ups: