Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to stuff a PT-6

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on April 16, 2003 at 16:17:08:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to stuff a PT-6 posted by K on April 16, 2003 at 15:36:17:

Klaus, I am not doubting your experience, but as I said to Mark who used the same logic, show me the data.

But, again, you are bringing up trombone experiences, not tuba experiences, and I'm not sure they translate. You are extrapolating your trombone experience to the euphonium without actually gaining the experience through experiment. Lacquer's damping properties are likely to be in a fixed range of frequencies, and therefore more likely to affect instruments with significant harmonic content in that range. I don't see how tubas have that sort of content in that range.

Again and again I have posted frequency response data showing where the significant tuba sounds are (and to Joe Baker: that data backs up my subsequence opinions on impressions--did you not see it?). For lacquer to have the effect you are insisting upon, it must affect that frequency response. I don't believe that lacquer could damp freqencies below 1000 Hz appreciably, and the vast majority of tuba sound is below 500 Hz.

See my experiment post above.

Rick "who's at the office and hopes nobody saw him do what he just did" Denney

Follow Ups: