Re: Re: Re: when to lift/lower instrument

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon on April 19, 2003 at 23:13:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: when to lift/lower instrument posted by I don't agree... on April 19, 2003 at 19:46:01:

I like the idea of lifting the horn together with the trombones. I totally agree. It really is a visual experience as well as an aural one and that cannot be ignored. I think more professional orchestras should have their instruments in "lap position" before they play, and then lift them all to "playing position" once the conductor lifts his baton. Once the down beat is given, those who don't play for a while can all put their horns down together on beat two (beat three if it is a waltz). The trombones, trumpets, horns, and tuba should all drain spit bewteen movements or pieces no matter how much time and playing goes by in between. Girls should be in skirts or dresses that go to the knee or lower, and gentlemen should refrain from wearing white socks with their tux's. Percussionists should avoid chewing gum during the performance. And since the audience watches the percussion the most, they should roll on all their equipment during the tuning process.

Follow Ups: