Re: when to lift/lower instrument

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Is that wise? on April 22, 2003 at 11:15:04:

In Reply to: when to lift/lower instrument posted by Dave on April 17, 2003 at 13:27:21:

Do you think it is wise to pick your horn up and put it down so much? What if it got dented? What if there was some gum on the floor and then it got in your hair when you picked the horn up? And what about those pesky string bass players? Can you really trust you them not to switch your valves or take your second slide? And who could blame them?! After stepping all over their line in Die Meistersinger like that. Anyway, I find it best to put my horn in it's case in between long passages or on tacet movements. I keep the case right off the stage next to the cooler of Labattes. That way, it is protected against falling debris and all around riff-raff that might be mingling around (union secretary, orchestra manager, that cute little number in the viola section you never called back) and I am all set to have a cool one while I watch the next round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. When I have to play again (usually on the 2nd concert of the following season) I slowly and quietly open the case and pull out a couple cool ones, rush back to my seat and start counting the measures.

Follow Ups: