Brasswind trip

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on April 23, 2003 at 17:55:11:

Hi gang!

I recently stopped by the Brasswind and perused the offerings and I thought I'd drop a note to let folks know that they just received a huge batch of tubas. About 40 or so Miraphones (with more on the way) and a load of Meinl Westons. I'm looking for a small CC to keep my BAT company, so I played a bunch of 2145 and all were good with a couple of stand outs. I almost came home with a new horn, but I came to my senses before the card was pulled out.

The resident "tuba guy" is Roger Lewis. He's at 1-800-348-5003 ext. 2266. He's a straight shooter and is willing to give an honest opinion on the horns he has to sell. He's a VERY accomplished player, so he's really capable of giving a horn a thorough play test.

Most importantly.......Roger Lewis is in possesion of what is quite possibly the very last new Getzen G50. It is a great horn and it almost followed me home. I was completely impressed. It would make a great all around instrument and a good companion to a BAT as well. If you ever thought about one of these, now is the time!

FWIW and best regards,

LV

Follow Ups: