Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fort Worth

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Murray Crewe on April 25, 2003 at 00:47:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fort Worth posted by Canadian in America on April 24, 2003 at 07:47:01:

Thought I'd respond about my immigration issues. When I was in Utah the process was started, and it can take some time. I had a letter from Senator Hatch and the support of the orchestra and a lawyer. Before things were completed, the position in Toronto opened and I went on to win it. So the procedure was stopped because I went back to Canada. When I won Pittsburgh, I engaged a top firm in town, to assure that things were done correctly. At $250/hr you can imagine the fee was considerable, but after three years I received my green card (which is pink). It's a tough process, but you go where you can make the music you want to make. The business is always challenged - more now than probably any time in recent memory, with orchestras going down by the day. But we search for a place where we can do what we really love, and for me that has been Pittsburgh. Remember to keep on trying to move up, whether you are a student, or just trying to get a better job. Aim for the stars, not the moon!
Murray Crewe

Follow Ups: