Re: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on April 25, 2003 at 10:27:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: auditions and BAT's posted by Larry Zaidan on April 25, 2003 at 04:51:37:

I believe your analogy is an excellent one. Stated another way, there are those who have much to say who are quite unable to say it because they lack the technical ability to convey it. I know there are times when this happens to me. Your statement, though a simple one, is also quite profound. Thanks for saying it.

To respond to another part of this thread, I don't believe the importance of being a musician first and tuba player second has been forgotten in this country. It is perhaps not always remembered in conjunction with winning an audition. After all, winning an audition is somewhat of a game unto itself. Once one has secured the position, that is when the real game begins. In the attempt to win an audition, players probably spend much time speculating what it is a committee is looking for. They then attempt to deliver that at the actual audition. Once the player is a member of the orchestra(or other type of ensemble, for that matter), the game changes to a more pure task-that of making music.

I am pleased to read so much of what has been written on this subject. It is bringing out some of the best in this BBS. Thanks to all of you.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: