Re: Re: cherry classics

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on April 26, 2003 at 20:25:28:

In Reply to: Re: cherry classics posted by Brian Frederiksen on April 26, 2003 at 16:20:06:

Even if the only orchestra you every play with is coming out of a couple of speakers at the other end of the room, the collection is great fun to own. Near as I can tell, it includes the original parts in at least one edition or another. Those parts that I had collected over the years are identical to what's on the CD, though with different musician markings here and there, which is to be expected. It is wonderful to have clean copies of some parts that have been beaten to death both by me and by their former owners.

There have been a few gaps in the collection that were a disappointment, such as the missing Vaughan Williams works that should have been out of copyright by now, but I'm hoping those will show up in updates.

The CD includes many works (one example: the complete part to The Planets) that are not in any of the Torchinsky books, and I have nearly all of them. The 20th Century Excerpts book, now long out of print, includes only snippets of the Holst.

Rick "who thinks he got the second CD to cross Brian's doorstep" Denney

Follow Ups: