Re: Re: euph m/p search...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by How dare you........ on April 29, 2003 at 22:55:36:

In Reply to: Re: euph m/p search... posted by 'fess'r on April 29, 2003 at 22:10:42:

Wow.........I'd like to say that I'm shocked that everyone's best friend the professor here tried to use my query to make his own point, but today has proven that to be absolutely false.

Not that it's any of your business, herr professor, but through my 14 years of playing on only two different horns and 3 different mouthpieces, I'd like to think it's my priviledge to find the right feel and fit for my new horn.

And by the way, genius, if you're going to piss people off with a technical proficiency post, why the hell did pick 48 scales two octaves??? If you were really confident in your ivory tower, you'd have said "throughout the entire range of the horn", and would've added whole-tone, chromatic, pentatonic, and all applicable arpeggios to your little laundry list.

Funny thing is, there really is a point to what you said. But your tone and the way you constructed your post were so obviously arrogant that everyone knows it's not about how many scales you can play and how many octaves you can play them in. It's just about you.

We need to push for more scales, for a better techical mastery of our instruments. More of us need to play better and play more often for bigger audiences and promote what we do. But we DON'T need arrogance and egotism. We need compassion and camaraderie. And, up until today, I was really enjoying that camaraderie. Thanks for the reality check, herr professor.

BTW, I'd love any input you have on the subject of my post. I'm eager to learn new things and share old things. But please............please, please, please..........don't distract those of us who enjoy our time in here reading more about what we love with challenges and test laced with arrogance and self-importance. Have some humility.

Cale (descending from the soap-box and apologizing to all Tubenet members) Self

Follow Ups: