Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by TubaRay on April 30, 2003 at 10:00:30:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines posted by Exactly this on April 30, 2003 at 09:39:12:

I agree with that. During my entire tuba playing life I have felt as if I am an ambassador for the tuba. Before joining this "community," at times I felt all alone in the endeavor. It is good to have friends, and I feel that I have many new friends since I started reading, and eventually posting, on TubeNet. I now have others to bounce ideas off, to ask questions, and to receive some mutual support from. I have found MANY others who feel as I do about our great instrument. They live all across the U.S.A. and around the world. What a wonderful "accident" happened when I was 12 years old and chose to play tuba. I've never looked back. MOST of the posters only reinforce my pride. That's right, I said the word "PRIDE." Not only on TubeNet, or Tuba-Euph, but all over, there is a "tuba community." I have met very few tuba players whom I haven't liked. Tuba players tend to understand other tuba players. We have much in common.

So, indeed, having a strong alliance can be a good thing.

Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters

Follow Ups: