Re: Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G on April 30, 2003 at 10:29:39:

In Reply to: Oklahoma Update posted by Ted Cox on April 30, 2003 at 07:05:55:

I find it funny when an employer gives you notice and asks for you to help with the transition. While you should help your students, because they are innocent, I would do nothing for the University in general. I would be upfront with them about this and let them know that you need to funnel all of your time and resources into making your future as secure as possible since THEY have just displaced you.

Mr. Cox, I emplore you to contact an attorney with a good history with civil service/state employment. Explain your case. Let them find out what they did wrong. You might have a case, but I still would not stay in service with the university.

I feel bad for you and even worse for your students. The positive aspect is the experience gained. As others have said, something better will come along. Reside in the fact that those who made the decision more than likely know they were wrong and will have to bear that burden. They are the one's who really are at a loss. Especially because of the way you handled yourself.

Best of luck,

Matt G

Follow Ups: