Re: Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David A. Roth on April 30, 2003 at 12:21:50:

In Reply to: Oklahoma Update posted by Ted Cox on April 30, 2003 at 07:05:55:

"One of my students who came up to my office yesterday told me that the trumpet teacher was showing someone around and introducing him as his "friend" to the faculty and staff in the band area. My student, (the same one who met with the Provost) believed it to be the new tuba teacher or a candidate. I'M STILL IN THE BUILDING! "

Hello Ted and everyone. I got your postings forwarded to me. I'm a trumpeter/composer so I don't read the tuba lists on a regular basis. I'm compelled to post to hopefully explain a few things. I was at Indiana University School of Music around the time Ted Cox was there and we must have passed each other in the hall way or at Hinkle's Hamburgers, but considering the huge size of the school of music (110 trumpet majors, etc), we unfortunately didn't get to know each other. A friend of mine and fellow trumpeter who also studied with Bill Adam at Indiana University is the trumpet professor on the faculty at OU now. Mr. Adam admired Arnold Jacobs teaching methods, so the tuba recorded sounds heard coming from the trumpet professor's studio at OU, were Arnold Jacobs' demonstration/lecture tapes not audition tapes. As for the '"friend" being introduced by the trumpet professor at OU, he is also a trumpet playing friend of mine who is on the board at the International Trumpet Guild and trumpet professor at Dana College who is on sabbatical going around the country taking lessons with excellent trumpet teachers such as Bill Adam and yours at OU. Nether of these two fellows has any connection to the unfortunate chain of events for Ted Cox. Considering all the positive supportive postings for Ted Cox on this BBS, I wouldn't be surprised he comes through this whole ordeal in fine fashion.

Best regards,

David A. Roth
david(AT)roth-music.com
NJ/NYC

Follow Ups: