Re: Oklahoma Update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tom Mason on April 30, 2003 at 17:13:37:

In Reply to: Oklahoma Update posted by Ted Cox on April 30, 2003 at 07:05:55:

I have been in the situation where I have lost a job for no reason. where I am sure that I am not telling you (Mr. Cox) anything that you haven't considered, there are some posters who have advised against assisting the university in any of their search or the the other responsibilities in the remainder of the contract.

For those who have posted in such a manner, I advise against that very action for some important reasons.

1. The University will be contacted by the next prospective employer concerning His work ethic. Not knowing Mr. Cox, I gather by the postings that he has demonstrated a great deal of professionality in the conferences that have been conducted. His students and colleagues have also praised his work. All of the praise will be lost if the university trashes him for not finishing his job when they are contacted on a job history inquirey.

2. There is Mr. Cox's self esteem. I am sure that Mr. Cox has a standard that he wishes to uphold that does not allow one to leave others who are dependant on him in need.

3. I am sure that Mr. Cox will wish to set an example to his students. I would venture to guess that Mr. Cox would like to set the example of professionalism to his students, even if it is to contrast the apparent practice of the university administration.

I wish Mr. Cox the best. I know that his mind and spirit are not at the highest level of happiness at this time, but there will be better times in the future.

Tom Mason

Follow Ups: