For Sale: B&S PT-4P

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff Conrad on August 06, 1999 at 14:57:04:

I am selling my B&S PT-4P, 4/4, 5 valve,(4 piston, 1 rotary) CC tuba. This horn in not even 1 1/2 years old. It is in supreme conditon. All the lacquer is in tact, and it only has about 6 small dings in the bottom bow, NOTHING that affects sound. I play tested this particular horn against some of the new 4/4 Hirsbrunners and found, to me, that this horn was the most consistent of the bunch. I am not selling this horn because I want to, but merely out of money necessities to help pay other tuba bills. I have used this horn in both large and small ensembles, including full bands all the way to brass trios and quintets. The sound is great in all registers, very free blowing, and the intonation is great! I paid a little over $9000 for the horn new, and I am starting negotiations at around $7500, Altieri gig bag included. This horn is a great buy for anyone looking for a top of the line CC tuba. You can call me/leave a message at (973)696-5374, or just reply to my e-mail. I am located in northern NJ, about 1/2 hr. outside New York City or about 45 minutes north of Dillon Music. Thanks...Jeff C.

Follow Ups: