Re: Gig bag cleaning

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dennis Morris on August 09, 1999 at 22:29:35:

In Reply to: Gig bag cleaning posted by Charles Ortega on August 09, 1999 at 22:03:18:

Ah, don't you love cats?
I have had good results cleaning my Reunion Blues cloth bag with a solution of laundry detergent and water. Scrub the bejesus out of the thing. Then, hang it up to dry. Open air and sunlight is best.
If any odor lingers, try a paste of baking soda and water.
Be aware that the bag will be as heavy as a Wells Fargo safe when you try to hang it up to dry, because the foam padding will absorb water like a sponge. I draped mine over a stepladder in the back yard.
Also, it make take two or three days to dry, depending again on how much water soaked into it and how humid it is.
Apparently it's not a good idea to dry-clean gig bags. Cleaners in my area won't do them and I've been told that the chemicals ruin the foam padding. Anybody else had any similar experiences?
Have a heartfelt discussion with your pet about the error of their ways. The cat will ignore you -- the only concepts my cats understand are food and sleep -- but it might make you feel better.
If the problem occurs again, consider the possible benefits of a cat-skin mouthpiece pouch. I know I have!

Follow Ups: