Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Cary on August 16, 1999 at 16:13:16:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please help!! What is a Bb Babordon????? posted by Jay Bertolet on August 16, 1999 at 15:32:45:

I believe the person's name was Wayne Rice, and I think he was a performance major. We basically exchanged horns - I had a MW William Bell (that incidently was bought two years earlier from another U-M guy). The Bill Bell model was rumored to be based on the King that Abe played, but it had some pitch problems that I didn't care for and the linkages were, well, less than optimal. The Mirafone, as you has a nice sound, a better scale (that's hard to believe, I know) and had the much quiter nylon ball linkages. I sold the Mirafone about 4 years to a young man in New Mexico (seems to Texas, AZ and NM they really liked Mirafones at that time) and got a silver Kalison. I know the Kalison is a derided horn on this page, but after playing the Kalison and a YCB-822, it just didn't have the big sound that those horns have (although the top end of the Mirafone was friendlier than the Kalison).

Follow Ups: