Re: Good Pratice/Method Books

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 04, 2000 at 06:42:30:

In Reply to: Good Pratice/Method Books posted by Steve C on August 04, 2000 at 04:27:46:

I applaud your commitment to a plan and your desire to seek out advice on how to best accomplish your goal. But I don't think you're going to find what you need in a book. Getting into FSU with a scholarship is difficult on tuba because so many players audition. To be successful you have to be a pretty good player or you won't get much dough.

What you really need is a good private instructor. This is absolutely crucial because no book can listen to you play and help you progress by giving you an accurate evaluation of your techniques. There must be a qualified teacher in your area that you could get to at least once every two weeks. I think you will find that the investment in time and money for a good instructor will be well worth the outlay, especially if you practice hard, apply what you learn, and play a great audition that gets you a big scholarship. If you need help finding an instructor, contact me privately and maybe I can help. Best of luck to you!

Follow Ups: