Re: Burnt out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Jackson on August 05, 2000 at 17:35:24:

In Reply to: Burnt out posted by fried on August 05, 2000 at 15:36:50:

I worked as hard possible on tuba during 7 years of college. As I left school my bass playing took over and payed my way. working my way up through the Orchestral pipes as a tuba player looked less and less appealing. I did occasional work on tuba, but nothing regular. Now, 20 years later, I decided its time to get back to the tuba. I bought a real nice HB tuba (tried of playing the horn I've had since 1st year of college)and got down to some heavy duty sheding. In 6 months I've gone past the level I once thought I would never reach. I don't care to "get a gig" I just work on solo material with my piano playing buddy. I always liked solo playing. With my other musical careers paying the bills I do only what I want to do on tuba! If you wish to "pack it in" for awhile, don't even look back. Life is short. Go do something else, have fun. Great playing comes from the heart and mind, you don't have to hammer away at the tuba every year of your life. You'll have plenty of chances to come back to the tuba. You'll be better than ever!

Follow Ups: