Re: Re: Re: Burnt out

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck Jackson on August 10, 2000 at 19:00:38:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Burnt out posted by Rubba-Dub-Dub, I've been in the same boat on August 09, 2000 at 23:52:07:

I would strongly suggest that you think about picking up string bass and getting certified in strings. The wisest thing I ever did was to learn the bass and get my dual-certification. I am now a high school orchestra director and love it. I work from 6:30-2:00 each day, practice for a couple of hours and still have ample time to play outside of work. I feel really bad for the band director, he lives in his office until marching season is done. I don't believe that the kids are really different, but the string kids are calmer, but the band kids do have more personality. And the number one reason I love this job is because Ihave no marching band. I understand alot of people love it, but I can't seem to find the joy in it. I loved marching in the military, but that was 4 square and the emphasis was on music. Before I am flamed by anyone, I understand that marching is all about music, too. I don't live in a vacuum. If you want to chat about this career path, give me a holler.

Follow Ups: