Re: Bass Trombone mouthpiece

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by jeff miller on August 13, 2000 at 19:15:43:

In Reply to: Bass Trombone mouthpiece posted by Russell on August 09, 2000 at 18:08:39:

Hey, I double on tuba (primary instrument) and bass trombone. I do a lot of bass trombone playing, and I have tried all sorts of different combinations of cup depth, rim size, etc. I use a bass trombone mp on my bass trombone, and a tuba mp on my tuba. If you ask me, the stuff you have to do with your face and your airstream to get a decent bass trombone sound on a tuba rim (even with a bt cup) is far worse for you than just doing a bit of practice and getting used to the bass trombone mp. Anyway, if you're playing by sound, you won't really feel the difference anyway (after a while).

I think a lot of people would like to think that they can pick up a bass trombone and play it without paying the dues. I practice my trombone at least 3 - 4 hours a week just to keep my concepts working. Also, as a tuba player, you've got a LOT of catching up to do to be able to play like even a passable bass trombonist, so it's worth putting in the time if you're serious about it.

my 1.2 UK pence.

Jeff

Follow Ups: