Re: Kleenex and Spit

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on August 17, 2000 at 18:16:13:

In Reply to: Kleenex and Spit posted by Rick Denney on August 17, 2000 at 11:49:25:

When I was in the military, the guy in the barracks room below me used to crank up his stereo, especially that thudding bass like youg guys tend to love. I'd knock on his door and ask him to turn it down. The times he'd open the door to talk, I see his buddy over by the stereo and figured he just turned it down, because it wasn't that lound once the door was opened. And I'd say something about the excess bass. Shortly before we moved out of there and into the new barracks building, he appologized to me for thinking I was just being a jerk. While he was in the laundry room directly below his room, he heard his own stereo and could not believe how much bass there was traveling through the walls.
Otherwise, I never complained about other peoples stereos. The rare person who complained to me, I'd say, I hear other people's stereos and my playing is no louder. We were all crew chiefs with weird hours so I'd stop if someone said they needed to fall asleep and I was preventing them, of course I stopped playing.
Talk to your neighbors. Give them a schedule of times when you will likely be playing so they can schedule JR's naps around them.
1) Your neighbors are being too sensitive.
2) You are playing WAY to loud.
3) You have some weird acoustic problems where you practice.

You'll have to solve at least 2 of the problems, likely all three if you want peace.

Good luck,
Matt

Follow Ups: