Re: C.G. Conn Jumbo Sousaphone

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tuba-lew on August 29, 2000 at 09:42:07:

In Reply to: C.G. Conn Jumbo Sousaphone posted by Catherine on August 28, 2000 at 23:32:39:

There has been a Conn jumbo sousa on eBay, which has yet to sell, but people have bid the price up to around $2200. That seems to be a high as people are willing to bid. If you are wondering if you got a "bargain" or if you paid too much, whatever you paid was resonable if you derive pleasure out of owning and using it. If you bought it to resell that is another story.

The value on the market of anything is always whatever someone is willing to pay at the time. There are a limited number of people with the money and the interest to buy this type of instrument. I am sure that a number of people would love to own it, but most of them don't have much money to spend on something like this which would primarily be a toy. You could easily sell it in the $1500-$2000 range, but you may be able to get significantly more depending on the phase of the moon. If I had to guess its true value in the marketplace I would say between $2000-$4000.

Follow Ups: