Re: Comments from an old tuba player

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on August 06, 2001 at 11:54:17:

In Reply to: Comments from an old tuba player posted by Bruce H on August 06, 2001 at 09:43:02:

I can't speak for everyone, but I can give you my opinion. First of all, I play CC because when I was looking for horns, the only 5 valved horn that was the size I was looking for happened to be a CC. I love my horn, and I'm glad I made the purchase. Now, I rarely use that fifth valve, but I'm glad I have it in case I need it.

As for having two horns, of course you can get by with only one. You can get by with using the blunt end of a screwdriver as a hammer, but why would you want to? If you can afford it, really, why not have a tuba best suited for orchestra, bands, etc., and another for quintets, solos and the like?

As for your golf club comment, if Tiger Woods and I got into a golfing match, him using his putter for a driver and me on his clubs, he's still going to win. However, with Tiger using only his putter, I'm not so sure he'd win against Ernie Els. And from what I can see, current auditions are every bit as competitive as the PGA.

Scott

Follow Ups: