Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marching band-oh, what fun!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by It was hot, but.... on August 08, 2001 at 12:29:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Marching band-oh, what fun! posted by e.o. on August 07, 2001 at 14:52:27:

...not that hot. High temp on the 5th in nearby Mineral Wells was 104, at which time the rel. humidity was about 25%. Most uncomfortable, and no need to exaggerate to make your point. Plenty of folks on this board live less than 100 miles east, in Dallas & Ft. Worth, and we get almost identical weather (except that thunderstorms develop right over your head and blow across us), so we know exactly what it's like in that heat (although my own recollections are antiques now).

The same day in New York City, the high was 87.8, rel humidity of 58%, FWIW. I have spent a fair amount of time in both climates, and in the summer I'll take NYC 'heat' (if you want to call it that) ANY DAY. New Yorkers who actually come here in August simply can't believe the heat. The best way to describe it is to imagine you have your face in front of an oven door and open the oven. You know that wave of heat that washes over you? It's all around you, all the time. Seriously HOT.

Anyhow, stay cool and guard your integrity. Properly maintained, it's the most valuable thing you will ever have.

Joe "Ask me about 1980 in Dallas - 113 degrees, 69 total / 42 consecutive 100+ days" Baker

Follow Ups: