Re: Re: purchasing a CC...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Devin again on August 08, 2001 at 21:45:29:

In Reply to: Re: purchasing a CC... posted by Devin on August 08, 2001 at 10:30:14:

Ladies and gentlemen, I have to retract and clarify a statement- I stated above that "not ALL Conn tubas are good. They are inconsistent, much like Cerveny, but not nearly as bad."

My personal experience has found this to be true. However, certain persons have quoted against me on this in a very offensive way, and to alleviate their pain, I have decided to post this.

Conn and Cerveny have NO comparison. Conn tubas (and UMI tubas) are very high quality horns, and everyone should at least try one. I have tried 4, and of those, only 1 has been of quality, but I must say that it was very high quality. If I could afford a Conn 52J, I maybe would purchase one, because it is flexible, yet powerful, and good as any kind of tuba, from solo to very large orchestra to brass quintet to you-name-it. As for Cerveny, be very careful about them. I've played 2 quality Cerveny tubas, one of which is my teacher's, and it can produce as big a sound as any other brand of similar size. I highly recommend a Conn or an older Cerveny, but my recommendation is of little to no value, I'm only in high school. =^)

I deeply apologize to anyone who finds that Conn is the cream of the crop, and I do not intend to offend anyone. If you choose to contradict me in any way, feel free to do it publicly or privately. I have an open mind, and am willing to hear out any argument for or against my opinions. Thanks, all.

Devin

Follow Ups: