Re: Tuba at Dillons

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on August 09, 2001 at 18:56:20:

In Reply to: Tuba at Dillons posted by Alex C on August 08, 2001 at 21:05:13:

I am hopefully in the homestretch of a major project by Matt. I factored in a "time overun" when I took the horn to him, knowing I could make do OK on another instrument while this one was in the shop.

I have two principles in dealing with Matt. One is I have never taken him a mundane "repair." Partly that's a convenience thing for me too. Rather than a trip out to Woodbridge, a broken something-or-other is practically in my own neighborhood, and can be fixed by someone really good in his own right while I wait. And I haven't wasted Matt's time with something that can be done elsewhere.

The other principle is patience is a virtue. Whoever's law it is that "a project will take the time allotted to it" does not apply to custom work on tubas. On the other hand, I have found that periodic emails serve as a gentle reminder, and a means of keeping up on progress. Matt has never failed to answer within 24 hours or less. This period has been a nailbiter for me, but there was no alternative short of shipping it god-knows-where to someone god-knows-who that's just as backed up. Not an option.

So. . .Matt, take whatever time you need, but Pleeaze. . .don't need Tooooo much more. . .

Follow Ups: