Re: Who's Got a Tuba For Sale- Aug. Edition

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Besson 983 Eb FS (take a number...) on August 09, 2001 at 19:28:13:

In Reply to: Who's Got a Tuba For Sale- Aug. Edition posted by Steve W on August 09, 2001 at 16:08:32:

Hi List,

It's time to burn the ships, there's no turning back!

FS: Besson 983 4V compensating Eb and hard case. (mpc negotiable)
Condition is very good (a few *very* small dings on outside edge of first branch and a couple of repaired dents on the bottom bow). Asking $3700 plus shipping.

This BBS should be well aware of my protracted attempt to arrive at a one-tuba solution for playing mostly in quintets and quartets, but with occasional larger ensembles. I've finally decided to switch strategy from Eb only to an F and a BBb. If *THAT* doesn't work, I'll take up the bagpipes! The Besson 983 is an excellent quintet horn. It's sound is a little too broad to cover a euph/2nd 'bone part in my quartet, and the compensating low register is a little too much work for extended low register passages I occasionally find in pit orchestra literature. Hence, the sale. The PT-72 mpc (I'd prefer to keep mine, but this is negotiable) is an excellent mpc to open up the low register of this horn, and I would highly recommend this combination if you don't need to play extensive upper register passages.

I've already been contacted by two individuals when I hinted earlier that this would soon be for sale, so I have to get back to them first. I will contact interested parties in the order you contact me. I've taken several digital pictures, and I'll post a link this weekend once I ftp them over to my web page -- please stand by.

Steve Inman
Kokomo, IN

Follow Ups: